Things [ Hand Made ]


My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

a quilting query

What is it called when you take 9 squares,
sew them together...

then cut it into 4 pieces....

consider sewing them in a regular pattern....

then decide for a random arrangement
  because I didnt quite have enough for a regular pattern 
and mostly because random will show the mistakes less!
now for the quilting bit.

seriously, I would love to know what this techniques is called?

I just love sewing together squares.
I can do any quilt as long as it is squares.


Jane Housham said...

Alas, I don't know what it's called but it looks great.

Gill said...

Disappearing nine patch I think!!

Jill said...

No matter shat you call it, it is going to be great - hope you let us see the quilting.

jackie said...

'Cut and come again' - or is that a sort of cake!