Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Monday 22 September 2008

To do list


1. Write "to do" list.
2. Try to stick to "to do" list and not add any more projects.
3.Work through things "to do" and tick them off.
4. Don't be a slave to the list, let it help you, not rule your life!
4. Don't be distracted by all the fabulous projects that you find.
5. Don't avoid the "to do " list and end up tidying fabric
6. Try to only buy fabric for things on the "to do " list
I wrote my "to do" list at the end of May and apart from rule number 1, I think I have broken all the rest.
I love writing lists, it makes me feel organised and helps me to be a bit less stressed as I try to juggle lots of things in my head at once. This one however had been going on for a while now and I am determined to get through it all. It should keep me going until Christmas! ( if I don't get distracted!)
Speaking of distracted I saw a lovely outfit Craftzine but can't seem to register with Burda. Any suggestions? Obviously thinking of the outfit for the 2 year old not for myself!

7 comments:

Heart in the country said...

Hi

I know what you mean about lists, I find them very satisfying - they release you brain space (and I definitely need that) to concentrate on other things once they are down in black and white, and ooh what a boost when you can actually cross things off. I even find myself writing down things I've already done, just so I can put a tick by them!

I never seem to get to the end of my list though as something is always being added on.

Carol said...

I am with you on the list front...it keeps everything in good order in my head ! The best thing though is re-reading them years later...how sad am I !
Carol x

Anonymous said...

I write lists all the time, just to remind myself what I need to do. But like many never manage to tick all the items off! Re Burda I had a few problems too.

jackie said...

Rules are made to be broken, so they say. I am at the stage of forgetting that I made the list.

angharad handmade said...

There is a lot of comfort to be had in writing a list, even if you subsequently ignore it, as I always seem to! I have a series of to-do lists which I've lost track of completely. I seem to mentally tick off things as 'done' in spite of not having started them!

I'm not sure about the burda style question - I managed to register without problems. Might be worth emailing them.

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

i love the first item...write to do list, thats usually about as far as I get...

Sarah said...

I can totally relate to your posting about to do lists - I love writing them too and more often than not either lose the list or get distracted by other things. My current list has 70 things on which is a bit overwhelming...I do love the feeling of ticking them off though. Thanks for your comment today.