Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Painting the garden bench

At last..

One of those jobs I have been meaning to do.

It's not pink.

I have been meaning to repaint the bench for the garden. I don't have a big garden and I don't particaurly enjoy gardening but there is a little corner I am often found just sitting.
Made all the nicer by the next door neighbours having one of those tinkly water things that just make a background noise.
The bench isn't pink.
I was going to paint the bench as I had found this half tin of not quite pink paint in the garage. I added a genourous squirt of blue acrylic and it took on a more lilac tone.
It's not pink.

I wanted is to match this little table I made. The bottom of the table comes from a little table that was slowly falling apart. The top is a mosaic I did on a workshop with the effervescent Caroline Jariwalla.

It took me a while to work out what I could use the mosaic for but together with the bench it has just refreshed my favourite little corner.

Now if someone could just fetch me a Pimms and my embroidery....

Where has that 14 year old gone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely days with beautiful photos!