Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Tuesday, 28 April 2009

I posted this poem a few days ago and I have been thinking what I would like to do with it.
I have decided that i want to stitch the text onto a piece of clothing as a "skin", a protection to be warn. I have been collecting fabrics in lots of warm neutral shades, some shear and some silks.
Now I am piecing these together. Its taking quite a long time to grow but I am quite pleased with it at this stage. I like the shapes that appear through the shear fabrics.
I have had a few hours child free to get into this and its been really enjoyable to sit and sew with the dog at my feet and the radio warbling in the background.

I still have another hour so back I go!

3 comments:

bekimarie said...

Just read your last post, I love the little printers tray, it looks absolutely gorgeous!
Take care
((hugs))
Beki xxx

sarah whittle BA (hons), PGCE said...

Hi nice to see someone else inspired by poetry, sounds like a great project love neutral colors!

bex said...

that looks great jo. i liked the poem and i think it will go really well on those colours
x