Last week i was in Habitat, having a five minute flick through for colours/ideas etc while J kept the kids outside when I spotted a bed cover. I didn't get a photo but I think it was called Clown. I can't find any reference to it. It was very simple with white on one side, grey on the other and rows of hand quilted lines in a set of rainbow colours. It also had sort of bobble around the outside. It was lovely but playful and fun. this idea wandered around my head for a while and came out as a small quilt of rainbows.
I searched that fabric for a big enough piece of cloth as I had self imposed that it should not be a bough piece of cloth. I chose an old piece of duvet cover for the back which is all small blue flowers. For the white side I cleaned put the airing cupboard to find and old sheet! ( I wouldn't normally dream of going near the airing cupboards but if it finds the fabric I want then its worth it!). I sandwiched an old piece of blanket and now its my winter project. I am using rainbow colours to cover it in rainbows. Its going to take while but I will keep you updated!
Off to make some very hungry caterpillars now for a 3 year olds birthday party.