Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Teaching patchwork

Well, not actually teaching this week. Half term and all that but after half term starting a new group on some simple patchwork.

A sort of quilt along with the group trying out a new block each week that builds up rather handily into a small quilt.

I am ignoring the rain outside and listening to Greyson Perry while trying to remember how to produce nine patch.

The fabric has had several incarnations and is being reused again. Last term it was the basis of a salwar kameez for a basic sewing machine skills class. However it's now becoming a small quilt, or possibly a table centre as I realise I have got my measurements mixed up.

It's one of the joys of my job. I love sitting down and making the samples. It's my excuse to play around with techniques.

Between you, me and the dog, it's likely to become someone's Christmas present next.

 

No comments: