Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Thursday 13 September 2007

Stack and slash


A new group!
I have joined the local quilting group to try to keep expanding my work/ideas/..... Of course I am the youngest in the room by about 15 years and it will be a terrible shock when that doesn't happen any more. It won't be the policemen that look young but my fellow crafters. I am slowly finding more younger crafters but more on that another time.
The topic was stack and slash, a simple technique in which you pile up 4 contrasting fabric, mine were about 12inch square, and then make 2 cuts into them to make the pieces. The pieces are then rearranged to be pieced together. I took the brave decision to use some of my Cath Kidston fabric with little bird on. Its really lovely and not to sentimental for me. I keep looking at it and can't quite decide to do with it but a 12 inch square didn't seem too much to use. Besides there is now a shop in Cheltenham!

No comments: