This is a bonnet on my darling daughter on her first birthday. It was made as part of a challenge set by my Embroiderers Guild group.
Last year we were all given a small pack of threads and fabrics with which to make something. My year had been dominated by having my third child so I decided to make something that made me think about motherhood. I decided on a protective bonnet that would be decorated. I doodled on some simple flower and leaf shapes that I then outlined with the threads. I then used the beads provided to add some texture to the flowers. The bonnet pattern is a very simple rectangle with one long side gathered up to make the back. A ribbon on each corner finishes it off. I know I am very biased but I think it looks gorgeous. Mind you she soon pulled it off!