Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Friday 18 January 2008

Chicken pox


We are struggling in a sea of calamine lotion here. All three. Its not been a good start to the year as I hate January at the best of times.


I don't see it as a new start but a muddy quagmire to struggle through. I look at the house and see mess everywhere. I look at my crafts and get frustrated that I don't have more time to do it. ( what's new there!) I look at me and feel pudgy and lumpy. I have been watching the programmes on TV about chicken etc and feel guilt over tea. I usually make food from scratch, from the raw ingredients but tonight is ready bread crumbed chicken and I now register that its not free range. My heart says throw it away but the brains says you might as well eat it now.


Oh well, half way through.


Not much to show on the making front as I am doing a Christmas advent calender for my nephew. I was supposed to make it last year but as with these things I put it off until too late. Now I am determined to do it before I start anything else. Its going to be similar to the one I made for my children.

Hence the unseasonal picture.

I now look at the picture and see that it was taken before all the days were added. You get the idea though? Each day a new decoration is hung on the tree.

That's right I am one of those mothers who thinks you can count down to christmas without chocolate!


No comments: