Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Sunday 20 January 2008

A productive weekend

Jon has been busy! Marmalade



After a week of spots and lotions I decided to make the most of the weekend. I have been reading various books on patchwork and decided it was time to have another go. I was put off patchwork for a long time as it seemed to be so precise with careful cutting and stitching. I can do careful cutting and stitching but when I am short of time I want results. I wanted to try some of the quick machine piecing techniques so this is a sampler to some of these. I chose lots of blues and started cutting. then of course sewed it all back together. Maybe this is why I like mosaic as well as you do the same. Break it all up then put it all back together! Its not big enough yet so I am sewing a border around the outside. Its nothings to astound patchworkers but I very pleased with it so far. The triangles look a lot like flags. Which I like a lot.

1 comment:

Barbara Cheeseman said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog, Joanna. i have now found yours and think it is lovely. Pix of nice things and interesting thoughts. Which 'Stitch' were you in? I don't subscribe at the moment but did since the start. Pretty good, getting an article in!