Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Saturday 11 October 2008

Oooh, ooooh, jumping up and down in excitement!


I have had some very exiting news!
No, not the cushions in the picture, although it is quite exciting to see them as they are another things finished from my LIST! They are a birthday present for my Mum, shes only been waiting for them since May!
I have some other exciting news. Some time ago on one of the Craft sites I saw an advert asking for suggestions for projects for a new book entitled "One Yard Wonders!" It is to be a book giving projects that can be done with One Yard of fabric.
There is already a book called One Skein Wonders but as I can't knit for toffee I had never heard of it! Mind you I did once knit a pair of socks.
Anyway so I sent off a project idea and I have just heard that they want it!
Hurray, hurray, ( sorry just jumping up and down again as I can't quite believe it!)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fabulous news, you must be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

I think I will get the next issue, maybe my next post should have some pages from Sew Hip. i didn't want to show it off until it was officially published.

Claire said...

oh WOOOOOW! that's brilliant news :)

Unknown said...

Wow, this is really exciting! Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your project!

Country Cottage Chic said...

That's fantastic news!!

angharad handmade said...

Fantastic - well done!

Kitty said...

Hello! Firstly, thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. Secondly ... WOW! Congratulations on having your idea accepted for the book - how very exciting. Have you stopped jumping up and down yet?!

Your blog has some lovely things in it, I'm going to print and keep the felt flowers tutorial. Thank you.

:-)

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

fabulous news, I look forward to seeing you in print...

Carol said...

Well done, that is great news.
Carol x

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Wow! Congratulations!! You must be SO PlEASE. I look forward to seeing the book and your project.

Mary

nlhowlett said...

Well done you! you must feel very excited - Natalie x

Unknown said...

Congratulations - that is the most fantastic news - I'm not surprised you are jumping up and down - I'd be driving around the neighborhood yelling out the car window ;-)

red2white said...

That's fantastic! It must be very encouraging for you! Congratulations! and looking forward to see what you made of yard! :)

do you mind if i knit said...

Well deserved! And well done! You show us wonderful things you make, maybe it will only be a matter of time before you get a book of all your own creations.................