Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Friday 17 June 2011

Sue Brown

Sue Brown is lovely and very talented.
I wasn't sure how to start this post so I thought I would say exactly what I wanted.
Sue Brown is an artist/printmaker, whom I have met through the postman's knock challenge. She also had her studio open during Cheltenham Open Studios and I had the chance to get over and see her lovely home, her wonderful shed and her fascinating work.
She is currently doing a MA in a variety of print techniques whose name escapes me now.
Her work often uses bird imagery but she is one of those people who is able to turn her hand to many things.
Part of her work at the moment uses enamelling.
 She has been happily enamelling cutlery, as you do, and producing wonderful little items. I couldn't resist this spoon.
It hits on so many levels, words, crafting an items, spoons.
What is not to love?

5 comments:

Ampersand Commodities said...

ahhhhhhhhhh! i went to her open studio too, it was wonderful, i didnt want to leave. i left with one of her spoons to a white one with a beautiful beetle.
How are you doing jo? if you fancy, we could meet for a coffee? in waitrose like the first time!
no worries if not
x

Jane Housham said...

I've got one of Sue's spoons too -- wonderful, aren't they?

Carrie said...

I love Sue's work too, especially her crow and moth imagery. I can't remember how I stumbled upon her blog, but it's always a joy to read.

Gina said...

It's beautiful. I wish I lived nearer.

Angie: said...

Can't believe you actually got to meet her AND have one of her spoons!!!! You will have to let me have a look! Wish I could have seen her work! x