Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Monday 19 September 2011

Felt Matryoshka pattern


 Well, my patchwork life continues...
my week resembles a patchwork quilt with no one thing occupying my work...
a little bit of work here, a little bit of work there...
I am planning some craft sessions in a family centre one of which will be to make little felt badges, brooches and corsages.
Over the weekend I have been cutting and snipping felt to make some samples/design for people to have a go at.
Nothing new but just little projects to get people sewing and making things.
There is something so satisfying about working with felt. It produces a little object of just the right sort of weight.

I came up with this little matryoshka doll. there is something really satisfying about the simplicity of a matryoshka doll.
These are the pieces I used if you fancied having a go. It would make a nice little brooch for a denim jacket or a motif for the front of a needle case.
I am wondering about stringing them up as a sort of Christmas garland but I am not telling you which christmas that will be!
Print out the picture and use it as a template for cutting your felt.


6 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

charming idea, should prove very popular

Unknown said...

They look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

the babushka's are adorable! I love sewing with felt too, maybe because it reminds me of sewing as a child. They would make fab Christmas bunting too!

Snippety Gibbet said...

These are gorgeous. You should sell them on Etsy.

Angie: said...

oooh beautiful! Lovely Lovely!

Shaheen said...

OOh thank you so much for sharing this. I hope to give it a go when I get the material. I need a kick start and the pattern is sooo appreciated.