Things [ Hand Made ]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My chance to wonder about hand made things and tell the world about those I make, love and cherish!

Thursday 9 February 2012

five become a rock band.

Saturday was cold
Really cold.
It snowed.
That was the day I dragged them all out to a musical stone workshop.
Musical stones?
yup musical stones 
In a tiny, draughty, cold warehouse.
They are all quite used to me taking them off somewhere to do something a bit odd. I'll sign up for most things. 
They are getting quite good now at sitting in a room with a workshop leader and sounding interested. 
I consider it a skill for life.
j came as well, the night after a local beer festival.
a music workshop the night after a beer festival? 
yes, serves him right for going out and having fun.
 Musical stones are called lithophones.
Extra prize for anyone who can get that piece of vocabulary into your average day.
Lithophones... it says so here.
I am musically inept but it turns out the rest of my family enjoy playing music. They are played rather like a xylophone.
As long as I kept repeating 1,2,3,4 in my head then I was ok.
 They are all roofing tiles.
Who knew they could be so musical?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a brave husband, 'rock' music after a beer festival - mine would have been unable to leave the house!

Cate said...

Oooh, that sounds like lots of fun! when i first saw the picture i thought it was a bracelet, pretty big bracelet!

Cate, x